1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla (mixture will look slightly curdled).
4. Mix and sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg, and cinnamon.
5. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
6. Add chocolate chipsand mix thoroughly.
7. Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop cookies onto ungreased baking sheet (do not crowd cookie dough, since it will spread).
8. Bake at 300 degrees around 22 to 24 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, let sit on cookie sheet for a minute or so, then place cookies on racks to cool.